Thursday, November 02, 2006

Peace Amid The Rush

Why is it that I always feel like I am in a rush...there are always things that need to be accomplished: studying for next weeks tests (4 in fact), writing two papers for next week, juggling a schedule for next semester, trying to decide whether to pursue a minor, things to read, meetings to go to...

...and yet I have become so thankful for breakfast with my King, because that is the moment in the day that He, and He alone, has my attention...without the distractions of work that needs to be done. I've learned so much in the last month of breakfasts, thought and prayed through so many big decisions...some exciting and smile-producing : ), some stressful and worrisome.

But, the advice, encouragement and truth in Proverbs--a perfect, month-long book--always seems to be what I need to hear at the moment I read it.

So many thoughts pressing, pushing through my head...and yet overflowing gratefulness for the abundant peace of breakfast with my King.

No comments: