Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Even in the "Everyday"

A good lesson I learned recently... God is present and working even in the "everyday" parts, or the ordinary, insignificant parts of life.

Let's just say that I have never been interested in cooking....perhaps baking a batch of cookies, but certainly not planning and plotting and preparing an entire meal. (That is, unless it consists of EasyMac, Pringles, and some m.c.c. ice cream.) So, the realization of needing to provide meals for the family I may have someday proved to be an intimidating thought. However, the parentals thought it a good idea to practice my obviously rusty cooking skills this summer. And, hey! What a great idea! ...Even though I wasn't pleased with it at first.

Turns out, a few chats with God seemed to change my entire attitude about something so ordinary, so everyday. Of course, I don't exactly jump up and down while dreaming about all the glorious 5 course meals I am going to make. But, the planning and plotting and preparing hasn't been bad...and, dare I say it's even been enjoyable??!

Even the clean-up isn't a killer. That is manual dishwashing, to be correct.


All this to say, God is faithful, in all and through all. And to GOD be all the GLORY.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...ahhh...like the sigh you had when we were talking in the truck on Tuesday...;-)

ME ;-)

O and by the way can I say...1.2.3.?

;-)

Anonymous said...

ooops...I mean MONDAY...:-)

Anonymous said...

0...0...0...


;-)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS again, Sunshine! And thanks for the invite to the LOHF scholarship luncheon--that was a good time--great reason! :), good food and good interacting with the Foundation board, staff and other recipients!

Go for it, Girl!!!!That brings you another step closer!
We love you. Always.
Mom

Anonymous said...

O...oops...the parentals come on here too...:-)

Teehee...that's quite alright...they were NEVER like this...WHERE THEY???!?...;-)

just had to poke a bit-o-fun at them...! :-)


;-)