Saturday, June 07, 2008

Summer Update

Time for another update. However monotonous it may be.

Life continues to sail along, of course. Thankfully, I've been given many more hours of work than I was expecting at the beginning of the summer. It's still not the amount I'd prefer, but since it's about 4x as much as initially given, I am extremely grateful!

I am enjoying work a bit more than I did last year; probably because I'm not at the end of the summer yet. It's still challenging and frustrating at times, and my patience is constantly being stretched and grown. But, it is a nice change to feel like I know at least a bit more what is going on... more confidence in my own skills and abilities.

I realized today that one+ month of summer vacation has already vanished! I've been doing a lot more (fun!) reading than I accomplished during the school year. Although in the last week or two the reading has slowed, so I need to pick up the pace a bit. I've finished a few of the books on my ever-growing list, and am looking forward to reading more.

I am most definitely looking forward to finally enjoying a complete weekend off! I have worked the last three weekends, so it will be nice to relax and hang out with family... maybe a fire pit and smores some night???

That'll have to do for now.

No comments: