Saturday, November 01, 2008

::(in)sanity update::

The days and weeks continue to fly by; I guess that's one advantage to the lengthy list of assignments, quizzes, tests, observations, projects. . . But, there are times when I feel like I hardly have time to breathe. It's good I didn't know that this is what it would be like, lest I may have backed out before I began. I knew it would be hard; but this insane, and this draining?! Just a glimpse: I have an project due on Monday in clinical, a quiz in clinical on Tuesday, a test on Wednesday, another quiz on Thursday and more skills validations on Friday.

That's just this week.

The whole process keeps repeating itself until December 12th.

More and more I find myself longing for graduation. . . longing for a life free from homework in the evenings, studying on the weekends and reading 1000-page books. I know life after college will hold it's own demands, responsibilities and stresses. But, I am looking forward to the change in pace. And hopefully some kind of relaxation.

At this point, I almost don't have time to think beyond the tip of my nose or the next day on the calendar---which is absolutely pathetic. Thankfully, Sundays have been a true day of rest including time for reading (for fun) and thinking. Allowing God to poke and prod and pull, as He continues to mold my ideals, my interests, my cares, for His glory and His Kingdom. That's been happening a lot over the last several months; lots of new thoughts: sometimes jumbled, but always interesting thoughts!

Jesus, please give me patience. Why one would ever pray for patience, I'm not sure. But, I'm in the circumstances, now I need the patience.


And please make it quick!

No comments: