Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last Time For This

No, this is not my last blog post (go ahead, take a breath). Rather, it is the last time I need to wrap up summer vacation to prepare for another school year. It is my senior year already! Wow! Next year, real life begins... hmmm...

In the meantime, I've been enjoying some simple pleasures of life.

A new cell phone. Two thirds of the phones on our plan bit the dust, so we were able to upgrade. And because we keep phones a lot longer than the average customer, we got free upgrades, or free phones. Double wow! I didn't know that the system worked that way; but, it certainly speaks to Americans' discontentment with any technology that is "lagging behind" what is up-and-coming, which is also sad. Three years isn't all that long to own a phone, and most people don't even keep them that long. Yikes!

Great thrift store and free bin finds. In the last two weeks I've managed to end up with 4 knit shirts, two swing jackets, a new business skirt (which also miraculously matches my navy suit jacket, so now I have the choice of a suit with a skirt, or a suit with pants), pink high heels, a cute black stand/rack... perfect for something in the dorm room, if space allows, and a few picture frames!

Spiffy new glasses. A new style for me, but I love it! Some days I wear my glasses just for the fun of it.

Printing pictures and quotes. Planning to design, arrange and display pictures and quotes in my picture frames, because I love to have a dorm room that is sprinkled all over with photographs, quotes, and verses. It's the perfect day-brightener!

A wild black cherry gelati at Rita's. On one of the hottest days of the summer; thanks Dad!

Minimizing my life into plastic tubs and cardboard boxes. Oh the joys of packing for school! Perhaps one of those pleasures you quickly grow tired of! But, it's the last time I'll have to do it... at least for now.

Writting in my journal. A habit and hobby that guarantees to calm me, rejuvenate me, relax me, refresh me, reinspire me...

Maybe that's a good enough list for now... In other moments, I've been studying for a big test that we have on the first day of classes... comprehensive over many of the subjects we've learned about in the last year and a half or two. Ugh.

No comments: