Sunday, August 23, 2009

Start. For the Fourth (but last!) Time.

We officially began our senior year of college on Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. with Adult and Child Health Nursing. It was nice to have a short week with only three days of classes; a good dose of getting started, but not too overwhelming... or at least we tried to let it overwhelm us!

This coming week will be a packed week, I know... and definitely not my favorite kind of week. Monday is class and work from 8:00 until 5:00; Tuesday is class from 8:00-4:00 with skills revalidations at 5:30 (yikes!! I'm not a fan of these nervewracking events called validations!); Wednesday, clinical orientation from ?? to ??; Thursday, class from 8:00 to 3:20; Friday class and work from 8:00-2:00.

These days are long and there is definitely a lot of work involved with ACH and Nursing Research, but similar to last year, we're trying to maintain an open-door policy... in that, sure, we'll be working on homework a lot, but we're always here to listen and talk and pray if someone needs to do so. We've got a little sign on our door that reminds people of this, and a second sign (or rather, set of notes) that say "Need a hug? Need to talk? Need a tissue? Need (or want) a piece of candy? Come on in, we're here for you!"

That's an update on life at this point. Not too much out of the ordinary routine of classes, work, and girl time in the dorm! I'm still trying to decide about participating in a Bible study or not... whether I can commit to a group like that this year. I'm not planning to do the pregnancy center ministry due to my work/class schedule on Mondays/Tuesdays.

But, I'm excited about the Lord's plans for this year. This year holds possibilities and opportunities that no other year held, many of which are unbeknownst to me of course, so it will be interesting to watch the year unfold and strive to glorify God in the journey!

Just for kicks and giggles...

Currently reading: the Purpose Driven Life
Currently listening to: Hillsong United, the One Heart Revolution
Currently drinking: lemonade
Currently eating: nothing. I'm full from afternoon snacks and supper.
Currently watching: maybe I'll watch some ER or a short part of a movie before I head to bed.

No comments: