Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Washing Machine.

Today I washed my last basket of clothes before I go home for the summer. As I folded my newly clean, dry clothes..I pondered the amazing invention of the washing machine. Although I never thought about such things before, today my washing duties (with the immense help of a washing machine) made me eternally grateful that I did not need to....

Get in a car
Drive to the nearby state park
Go down to the river
Select some rocks
Beat my clothes
Wash them out in the COLD water (which would also eliminate any feeling in my hands)
Prop up my clothes with sticks (to dry in the sun, of course)
When the clothes dried, pick pieces of bark off of my clothes (from the sticks)
Get back in a car
Drive back to school


Only to find that I forgot a sock on the riverbank.


Jesus,
Thank you for creating the person who invented the washing machine. And dryer.
Amen.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading my post, my brother promptly informed me that if I had no washing machine, I would have no car.

True, but also I think he was trying to pick a fight.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! and AMEN! to the THANK YOU to the person who invented washers and even dryers!!
Life would be HARD!

This was your last load at school, but we'll keep you in practice over the summer! :)

Awww...picking a fight? Nah--he loves too much for that... :)

See you soon.

Anonymous said...

ummm...just wondering...what IS a "washing machine"???


?-|

Anonymous said...

O goodness BeaNS...your a HOOT!!! It just reminds me of my blg post a few days ago regarding the google search...! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jerms does an amazing job with a few meals (now once a week...thanks to your parents) and he even helps with laundry once a week as well...! He's an amazing dude...!!!!!!!


;-)

Anonymous said...

renee booted me off the computer so she could write something on here...she's a hooot too!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah sis...I'm pickin a fight alright...BRING IT ON!!!


GGGGGggggggrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

we can duke it out when i get home. in the back yard. with the rakes.

haha! : )

Anonymous said...

sis...now be nice to your older bro...hey you better watch out...I'll bring home a rack from work so I have TWO...heeheehee...:-)

Anonymous said...

oooopppss...sp error...make that "rakes" from work...but...on second thought...I'll take you on with out ANY...:-)


BRING IT ON...!!! GGGGggggggrrrrrr

;-)

this is way to much fun!!!